Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday, November 26, 2007

I've Got a Funny Feeling


You know this song right?

Bum ba bum bada bum bum
Bum ba bum bada bum bum

NO…not Ice Ice Baby. That's...
BA Bum ba bum bada bum bum

I mean the Queen/Bowie one…Under Pressure. That's the funny feeling that I've got. It’s a fitting description of how I feel thanks to my beloved sister BA. You can read what she did to me here. Wow, that was a diabolical but brilliant plan she had, getting all her blogger friends to gang up on me. Who wouldn’t crumble under that kind of pressure? I only wish she didn’t adore me so much. I only wish she had downplayed my brilliance and my humor. Because NOW that you all know how fabulous I am, I’m under so much PRESSURE! Now my first post can never live up to the high expectations you have. BA’s post should have read something like this:

“I’m trying to get my slow but sweet sister to do some blogging. Her poor mommy brain is so crammed with useless baby information that she can’t carry on a coherent conversation with adults. Please don’t expect too much. She’ll probably only write about her kids’ sleeping and eating habits, her kids’ arguing and whining, her kids’ achievements and the funny things that her kids say. Oh, and she might throw in a few stories about her husband’s typical frustrating man-type behavior. But please give her a chance. In time she may break through and gain access to the pre-baby parts of her brain. She may eventually have something interesting to say.”

See if BA had written THAT, well then I could have written my first post and TA DAAAAAAA…it would have been automatic brillance, at least compared to what you would have been expecting. Wouldn't that have been a nice surprise?

Oh well…it is what it is. Would you like an introduction to my family? Here they are…

Mister Fixit: my quietly opinionated husband. He’s a jack of all trades. He knows a little bit about almost all things electrical, mechanical or construction related. He often jokes that he dabbles in everything but he’s an expert at nothing. Still, he gets the job done.

Handsome Brute: my 7 year old son. This is a name my MIL gave him and it seems appropriate. He’s got big green eyes and wavy hair, is built like a tank but very softhearted. HB is a man’s man for sure. He loves hunting, camping and fishing just like his dad.

Delicate Flower: my almost 4 year old daughter. She’s always cold and needs to sleep more than the boys. She complains that they are too loud. She’s very particular and likes things “just so”. My mom calls it “pitzle futzing”. She’s always tired too. Yes, I had her tested. She’s fine…she’s just lazy, er, I mean delicate.

?????????: I’m stuck on what to call my almost 4 year old son. Maybe my sister can help me? He’s a ham…always dancing or singing or doing tricks or showing people his muscles. He loves Spiderman. He loves to help his daddy fix stuff in the garage. He’s either in such a bad mood that he’s just foul or he’s in such a good mood that he’s the sweetest thing ever. He has huge brown eyes that would melt the coldest heart. He’s the most affectionate of my three. I’ll have to think some more on him.

Well I guess that’s my first post. What do you think? Are you all proud that you were able to bend me to your wills? Do you feel the power? Don’t let it go to your collective heads…


23 Comments:

At 9:43 AM , Blogger mamatulip said...

Any friend -- or relative -- of BA's is a friend of mine.

Welcome to the 'sphere. ;)

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Terri said...

I really enjoy your sister's blog, and I look forward to enjoying yours, too. By the way, your husband sounds very much like mine except my husband does hunt or fish, but he does camp.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Sensitiva McFeelingsly said...

Welcome to the wide world of blogging. I have been reading and loving your sister's blog for quite a while now, so it's great to see you joining the fray. I'll be sure to keep stopping by! :)

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Tania said...

You seem to be a natural! I look forward to reading more of you.

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Kathryn in NZ said...

Loving it already :) Looking forward to more, so thanks in advance for sharing :)

 
At 11:14 AM , Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

WOOHOO! I love winning.

Hmm. What to call boy twin...I don't know. He is a complicated kid and of course you know, he reminds me very much of Diminutive One. I'll give it some thought, but you'll probably come up with something very clever before I do.

Welcome to the blogosphere sister of mine. If we can't live in the same geographical space, at least we can cohabitate in cyber space.

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger S said...

Hey! Welcome! Pleased to "meet" you!

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger kristianekat said...

Congrats and welcome! I don't have anything left of my pre-baby brain either, so you don't need to feel compelled to wow me with wise thoughts!

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger All Things BD said...

Welcome to the sphere. I enjoy your sister's blog immensely, and if yours consisted of only quirky/funny/poignant anecdotes from your kids and rants about your husband, I'm sure I would still read it and be wildly amused, as that's pretty much ALL I ever post about. Have fun!

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Welcome to blogland! Glad to have you in the neighborhood... internetly speaking - totally a word.

Be prepared to give you life over to your blog. Love it, care for it, nurture it, and obsess over it. Resistance is futile.

 
At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! Glad you joined us! Great first post - will look forward to reading mroe!

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Mwaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Yes, I am thrilled you bent to our wills. Thrilled for us (those of us who adore BA and now get more insight into her...more Mwaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa!), but mostly thrilled for YOU.

You're going to love this blogosphere; like I said (I think) at BA's place...the only thing I regret about blogging is that I didn't start sooner.

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger SUEB0B said...

Welcome.

I think BA must stand for "Badass" in this context.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Jammie J. said...

*adds you to google reader*
What? Not everyone gets added. :)
Welcome!

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Girlplustwo said...

you did it! and a new member of our lovely little community is born.

welcome, sister of BA.

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Love your sister's blog. Am so glad you decided to write as well ... welcome!

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger josetteplank.com said...

SUCCESS!!!!

Let the posting begin!

There is always room for one more, and as far as writing about parenting minutiae, I just wrote about my kid puking on me. It's all good!

The writing, not the puking.

WELCOME!

 
At 12:47 AM , Blogger Polgara said...

Welcome, great first post.
I have only just started reading your sisters and now i get 2 for the price of 1!!

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Welcome! Your sister is the pursuasive sort, no? I've put you in my bloglines feed reader and will be hanging around to see what name you come up with for your youngest son. How about Hollywood? If he's a performer, and he has mood swings, plus eyes that melt steel, then just maybe it would fit.

Andrea (Have to link because blogger doesn't link well to wordpress through google sign ins. A little easier to find me if you so choose.

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger painted maypole said...

welcome!

i FEEL the power.

how about "ShowBoat" for your younger, attention loving son?

 
At 2:35 AM , Blogger Nan Sheppard said...

YAY! We wiiin! Welcome, new sister-in-blog!

Once you start writing, those brain cells will start to fire again. Look! They already have!

When my boys were little, my friends and I would SWEAR "no talking about our kids this afternoon! Right!" then we would sit around and stare at each other, give up, and talk about poop consistency. Oh well!

 
At 2:38 AM , Blogger Nan Sheppard said...

How about "rock star" for your small boy?

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger merinz said...

Welcome to the 'family' - a far reaching one for sure.

I notice that you have another reader in NZ! Kia Ora!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home